Welcome to Citrus County Transit Services
Transit Services operates a shared ride, door-to-door service, Monday through Saturday - excluding holidays. It is a non-emergency service, based on reservations and pre-set schedules.
The Transit system has been in operation since 1978 and operates 30 buses and vans.
Citrus County Transit is committed to providing safe, courteous, clean and reliable transportation services to all Citrus County Residents.
Whether you have
a doctor’s appointment,
have to go shopping,
or go to get groceries...
you can count on us!
- 5/24/2017: Tornando Watch - due to the potential for severe weather, all routes will be suspended today at 3:00 p.m. Normal service will resume Thursday, May 25. For more information, call our office at 352-527-7630.
- EFFECTIVE 1/13/2017: Citrus County Transit has made a change through our Transportation Disadvantaged Advisory Board. The change invited any resident that is age 60 and over to get a free pass to ride our Deviated Fixed Route, and have a discount on our Para Transit service. This is not income based, and we need proof of age to issue the bus pass. Passes and applications are available at the Citrus County Transit Center, located at 1300 S. Lecanto Hwy. as well as the application can be found at our website citruscountytransit.com. For more information, call our office at 352-527-7630.
- EFFECTIVE 11/2/16: WE ARE NO LONGER STOPPING AT WINN DIXIE - HIGHLAND SQUARE. THE CLOSEST STOP WILL BE HILLS ST & PARK RAINTREE APTS [see schedules]
- The scheduling of the DAV vans to Gainesville VA Medical Center, and the Villages VA Clinic, is administered through the Lecanto Veterans Clinic (352)746-8005. Pick-up times and locations will be remain the same. Citrus County Transit will continue to provide transportation on the 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday of the month.
- FREE BUS PASSES for eligible passengers to ride the Orange Line Bus. [read more]